Vanda - Dove Grey
The size & fit of the Vanda
Choose a s/m sizes 6-12
Choose a m/l sizes 12-18
This sweater has a loose fit. The s/m is shorter in the body and will fit up to size 16 if a cropped look is what you’re after. The m/l is often chosen by size 12 and under if you want a really loose sweater with maximum swing.
The quality of the Vanda
Vanda is made with a specialist Italian cashmere created from 100% recycled (post-consumer waste) fibres. The tight knit ensures minimum pilling and maximum life-long love.
We want you to love your sweater forever, but when it finally is holier than the Pope himself, we will happily have it back to make into fresh new yarn.
How the Vanda is responsibly made
• Our recycled cashmere is super-high quality, better than most of the virgin cashmere you will find on the high street. We’ve tested most of the recycled yarns available and this one stands the test of time, in much the same way as the most luxurious, virgin yarns used by the top fashion houses in Italy.
• We love recycling. (Not so glamorous but hey!)There is no reason on earth to landfill or incinerate perfectly good fibre that can enjoy a second, third or even fourth life.
• Our knitwear is created in Nottingham by a group of knitters we have got to know well, and adore. They work proper hours for proper pay.
• We believe in supporting small businesses in the UK to encourage the homegrown craftsmanship that we used to supply our fashion demand.
• We are committed to the 17 life-changing Sustainable Development Goals outlined by the UN in 2015. Find out more at https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-development-goals/
Our Take Back Service
Everything we make is designed to be unmade. Unlike most brands, we accept responsibility for the entire life-cycle of our garments.
So if it’s broken, we can fix it.
If you’re tired of it, we can resell it for you and give the proceeds to charity.
BUT, when your cardi has had it, hopefully in years to come, we want it back, to dismantle it, chop it up, re-spin into fresh yarn and start all over again.
Our knit care guide
We want you to love your knit for as long as possible, watch our care guide here to see how to care for your knit.
“This jumper has the best designed sleeves. The perfect balance of slim-fitting yet slouchy.”
Jan Masters, Telegraph Magazine
How is the Vanda responsibly made?
Your average jumper on the high street will have unnatural fibres in that will never degrade. We only use natural fibres to create our designs. We release our designs in small batches so we don't get left with huge piles of stock and our knitters are local so we don't ship our knits across the globe. When you're done with your jumper you can return it to us so those fibres can be re-cycled into new fabulous knits.
Our knitters are based in the U.K
When we say your jumper is made in the U.K, we mean it. Yes, this means our prices are higher than the high street and so they should be. We know our knitters (meet Brad above), we like our knitters & our knitters are paid fairly. This also means we're not shipping our products across the globe to be manufactured which saves on carbon emissions.